I always get hassled because of my love for shoes. Although I have bought many in my day, tonight I made a difference with yet another shoe purchase. Toms shoes has a deal where if you buy one pair, they send a pair to a child in need. Toms also has a $5 off promotion for first time buyers. Just enter "FirstTOMS" at checkout. Now I can not only feel good about buying shoes, but I can be part of giving a new pair to someone who truly needs them. Maybe my love for shoes can eventually put shoes on the feet of every child in the world. A noble thought, don't you think?
Doug
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I bought a pair when we were in town in april. I love them!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteit's funny that I assumed this post was by Angie until I saw your name on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteMarcene,
ReplyDeleteDoug has an obsession with clothes and shoes. One time in church, he gave a talk about how he has trouble saving because he always wants to buy clothes and shoes. To make a long story short, one of the young men bought him a "Shoe Fund" piggy bank with high heeled shoes dangling from it as a going away gift when we moved. I, on the other hand, could live in flip flops and sweatpants if I was allowed to. :)
doug, i think you and jared are in the same boat w/ your shoes. i even think jared has you beat! but, if we were counting flip flops, i'd be in trouble (i think i have over 30)!
ReplyDeletesarah