Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tales of the Nipple Biter and Other Happenings

Madi: Nipple Biter Extraordinaire
Madi has discovered a new skill-- biting. At first, she'd bite her shirt or the couch. Yesterday, she and Doug were wrestling on the couch. She fell into his chest and chomped down right on his nipple. He flew up, writhing in pain. She, apparently, has some sort of homing device programmed in her, because this is the second time she has done this to him. Coincidence? I think not.

Braelyn Update
We do not want Braelyn to feel left out. She is growing like a weed, pardon the cliche. She is starting to play with toys and is developing quite the personality. Besides drooling like a monster, she has a dang cute laugh. Doug wants to brag that she is the chillest baby in the world. (And we thought Madi couldn't be beat.)

Madi's First Sentences
This morning I asked Madi to bring me Braelyn's toy keys. She obediently brought them to me but was distraught by a teething ring attached to it that was "guck." In Madi's world, that means stuck. I "un-gucked" it and gave it back to her. I thought she was going to run off, forgetting about giving Braelyn the keys. However, she paused and said, "Here you go." Then handed me the keys. It was the cutest thing!!

Then tonight, as Doug (aka: Sandman) was tucking Madi into her new "big girl" bed with Dora sheets, here's how it went down: (Don't you know, I'm thug Angie? Just a small shout out for my peeps E-dizzle.)
Doug: Ni-Night, Madi.
Madi: Ni-Night.
Doug: I love you.
Madi: Uh, huh.
Doug: Love you.
Madi: Love you too.
Doug, running out to Angie: My heart just melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment