Madi has had a cold for several days now. Yesterday, she seemed to be doing much better; however, that afternoon, she came down with a fever of 101 and was really whiny and clingy. I took her to Urgent Care; she had a minor ear infection. Whenever Madi gets a cold and a fever, it turns into a bad ear infection. So off we went to Walgreen's, our pharmacy of choice (sorry, Allyson). After dropping off the prescription, we walked through the toy isle to cheer her up. I saw a Dora ball. I was so tempted to buy it for her. Herein lies the problem.
Madi is too cute for her own good. She gets so excited about things, and we would love to give her everything to her little heart's content. But we don't want to spoil her rotten. Both of us see too many teenagers at school who are given everything by their parents. This usually results in whining, disrespect, and ingratitude. They seem to have the attitude that the world owes them something. We came across a quote the other day that said, "Parents can do more for their children by doing less." We want Madi and Braelyn to value the things they have. All of these things went through my mind as I carried Madi through the toy isle of Walgreen's. I had to tell myself, "No, don't get the ball for her. She doesn't need it." (Seeing as we just bought her a ball two weeks ago.)
Gosh, the things one can learn at Walgreen's.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment