Well, we know that Madi is obsessed with Elmo and Abby Cadabby (or as Madi calls her "Abby Dabby") from Sesame Street. She even has a slight fascination with Cookie Monster. She loves the voices that we do for her. About two weeks ago, another kid at Cleona's, Madi's babysitter, had an Elmo blanket. She went crazy. In fact, the kid's mom doesn't bring the blanket anymore. We then decided that we needed to make Madi an Elmo blanket. This last weekend, we finally had the chance. We went to the fabric store. We only saw one Sesame Street print; it happened to have Elmo on it. She lunged out of Doug's arms and started hugging the bolt of fabric shouting, "Melmo! Melmo!" She carried the bolt of fabric around the store. I continued to look for more Elmo fabric for Elmo beanbags. Then the moment came. I saw another Seasame Street bolt of fabric with multiple characters. Madi dropped the fabric and started kissing the fabric I was looking at. The choice was clear. So she carried her new found love-- Elmo fabric-- out to the car. Now, making the blanket took a lot longer than I anticipated, but I finished. It was worth it. She loves her "melmo" blanket.
Monday, February 2, 2009
The "Melmo" Fetish
Well, we know that Madi is obsessed with Elmo and Abby Cadabby (or as Madi calls her "Abby Dabby") from Sesame Street. She even has a slight fascination with Cookie Monster. She loves the voices that we do for her. About two weeks ago, another kid at Cleona's, Madi's babysitter, had an Elmo blanket. She went crazy. In fact, the kid's mom doesn't bring the blanket anymore. We then decided that we needed to make Madi an Elmo blanket. This last weekend, we finally had the chance. We went to the fabric store. We only saw one Sesame Street print; it happened to have Elmo on it. She lunged out of Doug's arms and started hugging the bolt of fabric shouting, "Melmo! Melmo!" She carried the bolt of fabric around the store. I continued to look for more Elmo fabric for Elmo beanbags. Then the moment came. I saw another Seasame Street bolt of fabric with multiple characters. Madi dropped the fabric and started kissing the fabric I was looking at. The choice was clear. So she carried her new found love-- Elmo fabric-- out to the car. Now, making the blanket took a lot longer than I anticipated, but I finished. It was worth it. She loves her "melmo" blanket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment