Armon Johnson is my favorite Blazer. About a month ago, Doug and I got VIP tickets to a Blazer scrimmage, and afterward, we got to meet the players in the Player's Lounge. We went around and got autographs and met the team. While he was signing my pennant, he noticed my wedding ring. He started talking to me about diamonds and diamond cuts. Now it's not like I'm sportin' some big ole' rock or anything, so the whole conversation kind of caught me off guard. And in reality, I'm not a huge jewelry or diamond person. The whole time I'm thinking, Okay, the diamond in your ear is 3 times the size of my diamond.
The conversation continued as Doug approached us and the conversation shifted to my pregnancy. He tried to convince us to name our child Armon. After explaining to him that it wasn't really a good girl's name, we came up with the name Armoni. We got a picture with him, while he made some comment about my height. His personality was adorable, and he's quite cute.
Fast forward to a few days ago... At another event, Armon approached the lady who got us tickets. He asked her if I had had my baby yet, and if I was going to name her Armoni. Now this is impressive for multiple reasons.
1. He's famous, and I'm not.
2. He remembered the details of our 10-15 minute conversation. I don't even remember the details of the conversations I have with people I know, let alone strangers.
3. Almost a month has passed since we met him.
4. The woman who got us the tickets was never with Doug or me when we were talking to him.
I also just discovered that his birthday is the same as Braelyn's, which makes him even more special.
I hope the Blazers keep him around. He seems like a really nice, genuine person and being a dang good little point guard doesn't hurt too much either.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment