Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our New Home

We both have forgotten about the hassles of buying a home. It is crazy. Plus in today's economy makes it even worse. We are constantly having to dig up more paperwork and gather more information. I even had to write a letter explaining my maternity leave! However, we are cruising and should probably close earlier than Oct. 30. Our broker is hoping for mid-October. We have the inspection this week and the appraisal shortly after. (We are quickly seeing the $$ signs racking up, but it is worth it.) I took some pictures off of the website since everyone is asking to see them. Here you go:





The four bedrooms and the office are upstairs. It also has two bathrooms upstairs and a powder room downstairs. It feeds into a really good elementary school, which is what we were looking for. We finally found out what ward we are in: Salem 4th. We don't know anyone there so it'll be an adventure. The part of Salem it is in is extremely hilly. I'll have to learn how to drive on hills, since I am used to the flat Keizer streets. My commute is going from 5 minutes to about 40 minutes (with dropping the girls off at Cleona's), and Doug's is going to go from 15 to 25. We'll adjust. We are so grateful that everything has worked out!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Doug and Angie-
    When we lived in Salem we lived in Salem 4th Ward. If you mention Uncle Barry and Aunt Margo's names, the old timers will remember our name. We LOVED 4th Ward in the day I hope you will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I'm glad that you guys liked it. We really don't know anything about the Salem Stake. (I do remember there were a lot of cute guys at the tri-stake dances from Salem back in the day, but that won't really help me now. Hehe.) We tried to look up the ward directory, but we couldn't because our records aren't there. Needless to say, we aren't very good investigators. We'll definitely mention your names. :)

    ReplyDelete