Friday, August 7, 2009

Shopping Spree

Today we were sitting around the house, and I asked Doug if he wanted to go shopping. His jaw dropped as he looked at me. It was almost as if I had told him we had won the lottery. Why, you ask? Most people probably already know the answer, but in case you don't: it is because I hate shopping. I have never once, that I can recall, volunteered to head to Woodburn. For someone who is a shopaholic, such as Doug, this was great news. I haven't gone shopping for clothes for three years now. But today we were going to get some school clothes.

Once we arrived, he quickly turned my shopping day into his shopping day. He made out like a bandit. However, I can't complain. I got a sweater and three pairs of shoes. This brings me to my main point. I found the best pair of work out shoes.

For those who don't know, I am a Nike freak! I would live in Nike sweats and a t-shirt if it was possible. It drives Doug nuts. My favorite kind of workout shoes are 360s. They are extremely comfortable, and I currently own four pairs. They only had one pair of 360s that weren't all that thrilling, and I am definitely NOT going to spend $100 on a pair of shoes I don't love. I settled for a women's pair of shoes that I liked, for the most part. As I was getting ready to leave, I perused the isles one last time. I ran into an employee, and here is how the conversation went:

Worker: Are you finding everything okay?

Me: Yep.

Worker: You don't sound very convincing.

Me: Well, you don't have much to choose from in 11.5's. So my selection is limited. I usually get 360s, and I don't like the one you currently have.

Worker: Have you tried the Zoom Vomero 3's? They are light weight and have a lot of cushion. Try on a 12 because each shoe is different.

Me: 12's slip off my feet.

Worker: Just try them on.

After trying them on, I was instantly impressed. I wore them while working out tonight and felt like I was bouncing on air. I think they have replace my love for 360s and are highly recommended. Here is a picture of my snazzy new shoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment