Monday, May 18, 2009

The Iris Festival

Each May, Keizer puts on a huge festival in celebration of the Iris' that grow in the Willamette Valley. I have very fond memories of going to the parade when I was little and also of the many times that I was actually in it playing my violin. Although Doug was not thrilled to live in Keizer when we first got married, he loves it now. We always talk about the small town feel that it has. Besides football season, the Iris Festival really brings the Keizer community together. Each year, it gets bigger and better.

Watching the parade



At family village

Madi on her way home with all of her loot.


I won her the dog.

Doug won her the pink elephant and green octopus.

All of us waiting for the parade to begin




We were so excited to take Madi on some rides at the carnival. We didn't remember, however, about the height requirement. So we had to scratch that idea because Madi was too short. :( (It has to be those stubby legs from Grandpa Gunter.) Instead, we won some toys for her, and she loved it.

1 comment:

  1. she looks so cute in the hat and sunglasses!! glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete