Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby or Bust

I have 29 days left! I'm just a little excited to get this kid out.

Thanksgiving break was just what I needed after working 6 days a week all month long. (One more Saturday to go.) We got a lot of stuff done in order to prepare for Ethel's arrival. We're almost done Christmas shopping, which is a huge task within itself.

We've moved Braelyn into her new bedroom (the old toy room) and rearranged all of the toys. This also means that Braelyn is no longer in her crib. She's now in a twin. She loved having Dora sheets. Her transition went fairly well. On Saturday morning, I woke up to "Elmo is red" (said in an Elmo voice). I realized that we had moved that particular toy downstairs, so I assumed it was Madi. Suddenly, Madi ran into our room and exclaimed, "Braely's up!" Little Braelyn had crawled downstairs because she was ready to play.

On Sunday, once we put her down for a nap, she booked it out of her room about five minutes later. Doug caught her in action, startled her, and gave her a stern talking to when putting her back to bed. Since then (1 night, mind you) things have been good. I'm sure we'll have a new adventure in store for us in the morning.

The best thing that came in the mail this past weekend was the Burrito Blanket. This is the best blanket in the entire world and makes a huge difference in a newborn's sleep. It is totally worth the $30 or $35. We've gotten one for each of our girls, and we love them. It is the only blanket we ever use because it is that good.
I'm so thankful that the creator's mother-in-law gave us one as a baby shower gift when we had Madi because it changed our lives-- literally. (Yes, I'm being dramatic, but it is so true.)

Countdown for Ethel:
-2 doctor's appointments
-15 days left of work
-26 days until Christmas
-27 days until Doug is done with his masters
-28 days until the Bath and Body Works sale (at least I think)
-29 days until Ethel the Embryo arrives

2 comments:

  1. Where is he getting his Master's Degree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    He's getting it online from Walden University. It's a program designed for teachers currently in the classroom. It's actually a really good program. I know that doesn't help Cory at all though. I'm sure he's really excited for Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete