Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Puke, Potty Time, and Cat Love

Well, things are getting a lot better. We have Braelyn on her sleep schedule. She is only getting up twice a night, which makes for very happy parents. Yes, we understand that she won't be perfect every night, but we are making progress. Something we do not miss, however, is baby puke. Last night, Doug was rocking Braelyn and felt some warm goodness. :) She had puked bubbly chunks all over herself and his chest. It was quite hilarious because I have been puked on numerous times by her, and this was Doug's first time. To top it off, it was even more hilarious because he was using her burp cloth as a blanket and not as protection.

We are starting to potty train Madi. She is only 18 months old, so we aren't going to push things. With that being said, she is definitely showing signs of readiness. We ordered her an Elmo Potty Chair. It is quite cute. Well, it came last night, and I put it together. This morning Madi had peed through her diaper. (That girl is a peeing machine.) I took her into the bathroom to take a bath, and she got so excited when she saw her Elmo potty. I tried to sit her on it, but she was scared. So she stood next to it while I filled up the bath. Then I hear, "Uh,oh!" There she stood-- peeing all over the floor! Oh, well. We'll have to work on that.

Matilda, our cat, has a boyfriend. I have learned that it is mating season in the cat world, seeing as I have been woken up three different nights from those lovely cat cries right outside my window. Now Matilda is spade and has never had a problem this time of year. However, this year is a different story. Last week, we started seeing an increased population of cats around our house. Many of whom we've never seen before. Then one young gent won the prize. He follows Matilda everywhere. He even comes up to our sliding glass door and looks in. It is somewhat disturbing; he's like "stalker cat." Matilda is literally the cat's meow.

Other Updates:
-Doug finished his class. Thank goodness. We mailed off his project yesterday.
-We are looking forward to spring break next week for several reasons.
*Doug will be home to help with the kids.
*We are hiring my dad to help us finish our odds and ends on our house.
*We are going to meet with our realtor. I will rejoice when that "For Sale" sign goes up.
*We are ditching Madi for a day and going to the beach.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you said "ditching" madi. not leaving madi at a friends. just ditching. love you guys and cant wait to see u soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's going to watch Madi? I wish it wasn't tax season and surgery central.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin and her friend, Molly, volunteered to watch her while we went to the beach. It was very nice of them because we weren't planning on going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Terri told me about your blog so I had to check it out! :) yay for potty training!!!! your little girls sure are cute! I can't belive Madi is 18months! That is crazy! We all really need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete